WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small text files stored on your device by a web browser (e.g Internet Explorer) that hold information about your previous visits to our site. On returning to our site this stored information is fed back to us allowing us to offer you a more personal browsing experience. By using our site you consent to cookies being used in accordance with our policy. For more information on cookies, visit the official ICO website at https://ico.org.uk/, http://www.aboutcookies.co.uk or http://www.whatarecookies.com.
WHAT DO COOKIES DO?
Cookies perform many different tasks within our website; however their key role is to remember your preferences so we can give you an improved service. If you've ever placed items in your basket, had to leave our site and returned later to find the items still in your basket, this is an example of one of our cookies in action. Cookies also ensure that any adverts you see online will be more relevant to your interests.
HOW DO COOKIES HELP WHEN YOU VISIT OUR SITE?
Cookies allow us to treat you as an individual; using knowledge gained from your previous visits and preferences we can tailor our site so that it is more personal to you, allows you greater interactivity and is easier to use.
Data relating to your favourites will be collected and made available to yourself and Sofology staff to assist your progress in feeling at home on a sofa you love. This data will also be anonymised and shared with third-part data analytics companies as part of Sofology's legitimate interest in the use of the website.
WHY ARE WE TELLING YOU THIS?
Recent legislation means EU law now requires website operators to ask for permission before using certain kinds of cookies. To ensure you are completely aware of the types of cookies we use and to enable us to continue to bring you the best possible shopping experience, we are giving you a detailed outline of the cookies we use and their unique role in your shopping experience.
How Can I Disable Cookies From Your Website?
It is possible to stop your browser accepting cookies from particular websites. However, disabling cookies from our site will mean you lose a lot of functionality, which will have a detrimental impact on your shopping experience and mean that you only have limited access to personalised areas of the site. Without access to the information on these cookies it is difficult for us to analyse the performance of our site. This is essential for us to continually improve our service.
Cookies are an essential part of how our site works and you will need to have cookies enabled to place an order. If you don't wish to enable cookies, you'll only be able to browse the site.
How to check cookies are enabled for PC
- Click ‘Tools' in the menu bar at the top of your browser and select ‘Internet Options'
- Click the ‘Privacy' tab and set the slider to medium to allow cookies
- Click on 'Tools' in the menu bar at the top of your browser and select ‘Options'
- Click the 'Under the Hood' tab, in the 'Privacy' section select the 'Content settings' button
- Now select 'Allow local data to be set'
- Click on 'Tools' in the menu bar at the top of your browser and select ‘Options'
- Select the ‘Privacy' Icon and click ‘Cookies'
- Select ‘Allow sites to set cookies'
- Click on the Cog icon at the top of your browser and select 'Preferences'
- Click on ‘Security'; check the 'Block third-party and advertising cookies' box
- Click Save
How to check cookies are enabled for Macs
- Click ‘Safari' at the top of your browser and select ‘Preferences'
- Select ‘Security' and ‘Accept Cookies'
- Select ‘Only from site you navigate to'
- Click ‘Firefox' button at top of browser and select ‘Privacy' panel
- Select ‘Firefox will' and select ‘Use custom settings for history'
- Check ‘Accept cookies from sites and ‘Accept third-party cookies'
- Select Keep until ‘they expire' and click ‘OK'
- Click ‘Explorer' at the top of your browser and select ‘Preferences'
- Scroll down to ‘Cookies' and select ‘Never Ask'
- Select ‘Menu' from top of browser and click ‘Settings'
- Select ‘Quick Preferences' and click ‘Enable Cookies'
We understand that privacy and the security of your personal information is extremely important. Because of that, this policy sets out what we do with your information and what we do to keep it secure. It also explains where and how we collect your personal information, as well as your rights over any personal information we hold about you.
This policy applies to you if you use our products or services in store, over the phone, online, or interacting with us on social media. This policy gives effect to our commitment to protect your personal information.
WHAT SORTS OF INFORMATION DO WE HOLD
- Information that you provide to us such as your name, address, date of birth, telephone number, email address, bank account and payment card details and any feedback you give to us, including by phone, email, post, or when you communicate with us via social media;
- Information about the services that we provide to you (including for example, the things we have provided to you, when and where, what you paid, the way you use our products and Services, and so on);
- When reviewing your application for products and financial services offered by Sofology Ltd. we will take into account other information about you such as your employment details, financial position, information taken from identification documents, and details of cardholders;
- Your account login details, including your user name and chosen password;
- Your contact details and details of the emails and other electronic communications you receive from us, including whether that communication has been opened and if you have clicked on any links within that communication. We want to make sure that our communications are useful for you, so if you don't open them or don't click on any links in them, we know we need to improve our Services.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Finance providers namely Laser, V12 or Barclays for the purposes of credit fulfilment
- Find ways to improve our Services, stores apps and website;
- We may periodically send promotional emails or SMS about relevant products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address and/or mobile phone number which you have provided via trusted partners;
- Process your orders and payments;
- Personalise your shopping experience, for example by understanding your location or how you use our apps and websites to provide you with personalised offers or shopping ideas;
- Help us ensure that our customers are genuine and to prevent fraud;
- For statistical analysis;
- Help us understand more about you as a customer, the products and services you consume, the manner in which you consume them;
- Provide for the safety and security of our colleagues and customers; and
- Help answer your questions and solve any issues you have.
- We may use your phone number to verify order accuracy, book your delivery, inform you of delays, make payments and introduce relevant products and services.
- Contact you after visiting our stores or website in regards to your genuine interest in the products and services we offer.
OUR SERVICE PROVIDERS
We work with lenders so they can process your personal information on our behalf…but only where they meet our standards on the processing of data and security. We only share information that allows them to provide their services to us or to facilitate them providing their services to you.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION FOR?
We will retain a record of your personal information. This is done in order to provide you with a high quality and consistent service across our group. We will always retain your personal information in accordance with law and regulation and never retain your information for longer than is necessary.
KEEPING YOU INFORMED ABOUT OUR PRODUCT AND SERVICES
We would like to tell you about the great offers, ideas, products and services of Sofology from time to time that we think might be relevant. Where you have consented to us doing so, we may do this through the post, by email, text message, telephone, online, using social media, push notifications via apps, or by any other electronic means.
We won't send you marketing messages if you tell us not to but we will still need to send you occasional service-related messages. If you wish to amend your marketing preferences, you can do so either logging into ‘My Account’ and following the directions or by calling our Customer Service Team.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to:
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.